- Visit Goodlettsville
- Goodlettsville Live Music
- Tennessee Songwriters Week
Tennessee Songwriters Week
Calling All Songwriters: Sign up for “Tennessee Songwriters Week” Qualifying Rounds for Chance to Perform at The Bluebird Cafe
The Tennessee Department of Tourist Development has announced the 2023 Tennessee Songwriters Week, a statewide celebration of the craft that put Tennessee on the map. Songwriters Week supports music venues, supports songwriters with live performances in all genres of music, drives visitation and inspires travelers to experience the state's music stories, history, attractions, and venues. Tennessee Songwriters Week 2023 will kick off with qualifying rounds the first two weeks of February. Select songwriters from qualifying rounds will advance to seven pre-determined showcase events in Memphis, Franklin, Gallatin, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Gatlinburg and Johnson City.
January 29 - February 11, 2023 - Qualifying Rounds
February 19 - February 25, 2023 - Showcase Events
March 26, 2023 - Finale at The Bluebird Cafe
Visit Goodlettsville is excited to partner with the Tennessee Department of Tourist Development by hosting a qualifying round at the Sand Trap at 12 Stones, 1201 Twelve Stones Crossings, Goodlettsville, on Tuesday, January 31, 2023. Ten songwriters from the applications submitted during the registration period December 15, 2022 thru January 15, 2023 will be selected to perform at this qualifying round in Goodlettsville. Feel free to join us at the Sand Trap at 12 Stones at 6:30 pm on January 31 as these ten songwriters compete for the next round.
Songwriter signups for the Goodlettsville Qualifying Round will open at 9:00 am on December 15, 2022 and be accepted thru 11:59 pm on January 15, 2023. The Winners of Qualifying Rounds will go to the Showcase rounds at venues across the state. The Showcase Winners will get their chance to play at the legendary Bluebird Cafe.
The winner of the ten performances at the Sand Trap at 12 Stones will move on to the Showcase Round.
All interested songwriters submit an application with a sample of music that is 5 minutes or less in length and does not include any profanity nor offensive language. Any genre of music is acceptable.
Please note the following qualifications to compete:
1) You may only select one location to sign up. Should an Entrant sign up for more than one location, Entrant will be removed from the list and or wait list from all locations. State employees are not eligible.
2) You must perform one original song (which you own / retain rights to perform and either wrote or co-wrote) not to exceed five (5) minutes. You may sing acapella or have live accompaniment. Light percussion is allowed if there is no set-up time necessary. Entrant may bring up to two (2) performers to play an instrument. Back up tracks are not permitted.
3) Each and every performance will be judged by a panel of at least three (3) individuals from the music community in and around Tennessee. Entrants will be evaluated numerically from 1-5 in the following categories considering both the Entrant's song and performance: (a) originality; (b) vocal and/or instrumental talent; and (c) emotional connection to the audience.
Join the conversation on social media using #TNsongwritersweek.
Visit Goodlettsville staff members may be reached at email@example.com for questions regarding the Goodlettsville qualifying round.